Things to know before moving to Winter Park
Winter Park is such a special place in the state of Florida. Its climate is unique and welcoming. The city itself was founded in the 1880s and has a lot of attractive and unique features and activities. Many people move to Winter Park because it has a way of taking them back to time, with its rich history, museums and parks. moving to Winter Park
If you are considering Winter Park for moving, and you have been searching for things to know before moving to Winter Park, then this article is just all you need for your ultimate guide.
Winter Park weather and climate
Winter Park has seven mild months spreading from November through the end of May. November, March and April are considered Winter Park’s most pleasant months, with regards to temperature. During these months, the temperature usually sits between 70 to 80 degrees during the day, and nosedives to about 50 to 60 degrees at night. This, however, does not rule out some very cold days.
You will also find some dry times in Winter Park, such as in the Spring. Expect to see some dramatic rise in the temperature during the summer time. You would see the peak of this temperature rise in the month of July, holding about 92 degrees. At the tail of summer, the rain usually pours, filling the ponds, lakes and cooling the temperature.
Major companies and schools in Winter Park
Winter Park is home to some wonderful companies, schools, colleges and universities. It hosts two universities, University of Central Florida and Full Sail University, both of which are highly rated for graduate and professional education.
The city also boasts of some wonderful companies such as Indra Sistema, which is the best company in Winter Park. It is an IT company owned by the Spanish which also deals with defense systems. There is also the Bonnier, which is one of the largest publishing groups in America. Others include Ruth’s Chris Steak House, and Ruth’s Hospitality Group.
Sports and games in Winter Park
Winter Park has got some very incredible games and sports centers for your fitness. All you need to do is to open up for the many choices available. Some of the places you would find these games and sports varieties include:
- Winter Park YMCA– this is located at Lakemont Avenue and has a wide range of offers for family services. It has two pools, some indoors, offers swim lessons and walkout programmes.
- Crosby Wellness Center– this has some Thirty thousand square feet with modern equipment. It was opened in 2019 and has some great certified wellness professionals, has indoor and outdoor pools and classes as well.
- The Winter Park Golf Course– this is located in the middle of Downtown Winter Park and boasts one of the country’s most flexible golf courses. It is forty acre by size and is popularly known as WP9. It is made of brick streets and has 9-hole course.
- The Winter Park Pines Course– this is located on the Eastern part of the Winter Park. It was opened in 1968 and has an eighteen hole public course, and is properly equipped to cater for golfers of different abilities.
- The Interlachen Country Club– after its redesign in 2007, the Interlachen Country Club is considered the best course in the whole of Florida. It has 18 hole championship course and is suited for golfers of all tastes.
There are also the Winter Park Tennis Center and the Winter Park Racquet club, and lots of swimming pools including the Cady Way pool.
Parks in Winter Park
Just like the name goes, Winter Park has a lot of parks which will excite you and keep you entertained. The Park has about eleven parks all of which are wheelchair accessible. The most prominent park is Central Park, which hosts, among others, two annual national festivals, one in the Spring and the other in the Fall.
There are many other parks such as the Cadyway Park, Dinky Dock Park, Kraft Azalea Garden, Phelps Park, Ward Park, Mead Botanical Garden, Lake Baldwin Park and many others. All of these are positioned to give you a good welcome into Winter Park.
Museums in Winter Park
One of the most interesting things you would like to know before moving to Winter Park is the variety of museums that the Park boasts of. Winter Park has about seven museum centers with a large spread of cultural artifacts. Expect to see:
- Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, which hosts the world’s most comprehensive gathering of works by the famous Louis Comfort Tiffany,
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum, which is located at Cornell Fine Arts Museum, and holds more than 5,000 artifacts both from antiquity and contemporary. It is also one of the oldest in Florida.
- Hannibal Square Heritage Center, which researches and preserves the history of Winter Park.
Other major museums include The Alfond Inn, Casa Feliz Historic Home and Winter Park Historical Museum.
Winter Park movers
One of the key things to know before moving to Winter Park is about Winter Park movers. You need a moving company trusted by many customers for their moving needs. Getting the services of a reliable moving company such as Teleport Moving will allow you to have peace of mind as you move to your new location.
At Teleport Moving, for instance, we provide services that you need from simple to large scale moving, packing/unpacking, loading/unloading, storage and more. You only need to relax while our professional movers take care of your moving activities.
In the article above, we have provided you with things to know before moving to Winter Park. Winter Park is such an incredible place to move to. Its weather is great, it has a lot of parks, museums, game centers and good schools. However, before making your move, be sure to be in touch with a reliable moving company, such as Teleport Mover, to ensure a swift and easy move.